Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has anybody used this product for fleas and tick control. I was told that is has the same active ingrediant as frontline plus, the big difference is it is a lot cheaper. I got it at the local co-op. you can get a quart size bottle or so for about $20. the man that told me to use it said he puts 3 CC on their back just like frontline. he said it works wonders on his dogs. i was going to try 1.5 to 2 CC on my beagles and see. curious if anyone else has used it.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Ninja let us know if it works. $20 for a quart would be a lifetime supply if it is close to the same dosage as Frontline. A quart of Frontline would cost a fortune by comparison.

Roger

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its been about two weeks and so far i think this product is working well. my two labs seem to have a lot less ticks and i haven't noticed any on my beagles. i think i will stick to it for a while. some of you should try it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
seems to, since i have been using it, i have not seen them scraching at all. so far i like it. It seems to be like frontline, ticks are on them, but they will die quick.

·
Registered
200 Posts
bought me some today to try was 12.00$ for the 8 ounces, also dont see the active ingredients for frontline , but does have 38% permethrin

·
Registered
26 Posts
WHAT IS 38 PLUS AND IS IT FOR DOGS OR WHAT, I HAVE HEARD HUNTERS
AROUND HERE USE BAYER TREE AND SHRUB SPRAY. I HAVE NOT USED IT YET
SO I DON'T KNOW HOW IT WORKS, THEY SAY ABOUT 3CC PER DOG:headscratch:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
its an ornamental, termite, pesticide spray. its intentions are not for dogs, but i had a guy that told me it had the same active ingrediants as frontline plus except it is a lot cheaper. i have put it on my dogs back just like frontline and it seems to work. i put 3cc on my labs and 1.5 to 2 cc on each of my beagles. i am still in the trying stage, but it seems to work so far.

·
Registered
45 Posts
termidor has the same ingredients that frontline has. if you buy precor it has the methoprene which is the other ingredient in frontline plus. i just bought both and will be experimenting with hounds this summer. i've heard its the same thing as frontline. hard to get though

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I am not sure about the fleas, but it seems to work for the ticks, I have been putting 2 CC on their back, don't seem to have any ticks.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i mixed some termidor and precor up and i guess in a few months i'll be able to tell. i hunt my hounds year round and it'll start showing up soon the places you usually find rabbits are full of ticks in oklahoma this time of year. this weekend went find so far.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts