Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a idea what it might cost me to build one that big? im thinking about building it soon, for myself and friends. it will be located in bee branch ARKANSAS.

·
Registered
470 Posts
It really depends on what type of material you use for the post ( t-post, Cedar post, 4x4 post, etc... ) What wire you use ? and so on .....

The biger you make it - the better it will be, BUT harder to keep up.

·
Registered
631 Posts
The cost to build a 30 acre pen in 2004 was $8900.It still cost a lil bit every year just for minor repairs and upkeep on it.Alot depends on how well you want to build it.Items i used:

18 Guage heavy duty wire
Round landscape polls every 50ft
4x6 every 150ft
metal t-post every 10ft
High tensil wire on bottom,middle and top
Landscape spikes
Concrete for wood poles
Lots of galvanized u nails
Wire ties for the t post
Rented 4'' & 8" auger for wooden poles

Also added electric fence top and bottom for the predators but the darn hawks and owls are my biggest problem.

·
Banned
469 Posts
I looked at rabbit wire a while back 4 ft high with 1 ft apron around bottom was around $130-140 for a 150 ft roll. It is high but sure would be nice to have one. I have run in Gary Ragsdales pen he has one heck of a setup.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Dandt07, Looks like you've got enough info on cost already but I just wanted to let you know that I would be happy to be one of you hunting friends. lol :whistle:

I may build a pen too but I have to do a lot of dozer work to do before the fence goes up. Good luck with your pen.

Roger

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
thanks, i have a dozer. how far do you live from bee branch?
Dustin, I live at Fordyce which is a pretty good jump to Bee Branch. I have to wait until July or August to do any dozer work or I will be wasting my money. I usually rent a Cat and run it myself and the ground needs to dry up on my south line first. I'm thinking about fencing around 50 to 60 acres but I haven't made up my mind yet. I also know I'll be leaving soon to work away from home and that has me kind of messed up too because I don't know how long I'll be gone.

I drove my 4 wheeler around just before dark and saw 5 rabbits sitting in the lanes. All of those were Cottontails too. I usually see a few Swampers as well.

Roger

1 - 14 of 14 Posts