Rabbit Dogs banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost that time again.....Getting Excited.....Getting Prepared.....Getting Ready.....Getting Pumped!

Ready to go!

Hunting, Fishing, Trot Lines, Limb Lines, Cooking, Eating, Camp Fires Nature, Nature and more Wild...... NATURE!

God is out there. Going to spend some quality time with HIM.

Spiritual thing.

A Man.............. Trip!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thursday evening the 28th.....after work..... about dark thirty.....With headlights and spot lights......after I wash down, tend to and feed 55 running grown beagle dogs at my house not counting tending to 5 brooders of pups...... Load my boat with a Hamper of Number 1 Jumbo super heavy huge live male crabs and a 50 lb. Box of Fresh Jumbo Shrimp right off the boat to boil the first night for starters. Just to kinda get things warmed up and started off in the right direction. The others will already be there waiting for me when I show up with everything ready to go.

The place will be lit up on the bluff under the trees looking down on the main river where it meets the old river that tee's off and runs deeper into the much less accessible wilder interior of the Honey Island Swamp. One side of the river is Mississippi the other side is Louisiana. I have a life time LA. License and a MS. License.

I am a full grown top of the food chain predator in the river and on both sides of the river in both states reserves, Federal and State and the Private adjoining properties .

No escaping me.

I'm an extremely dangerous man....... I'm a killer and an Eater....A silent deadly invisible threat.....But it ain't my fault......The USMC and my daddy done that to me....Years ago!....and I liked it!

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Yea l really like the Belly ---(Pack Man) fried.

I also make a big Cajun Catfish Court bouillon too served over hot fluffy Louisiana Rice.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Notice them limb lines in the bucket. We all have a bucket of them in our boats.

Look close.

Different diameter home made lead weights for different current strengths in different kinds of water, locations in the river.

The weight will hold the live bait down and and keep it exactly in the pocket-target zone and one inch off the bottom.

My favorite baits is 1lb.plus live......Goggle Eye, Jumbo Shell Crackers, racoon Perch, Stump Perch, Jumbo Bluegill, Large Red Bellies, 1lb. to 1.5 lb. live Mudcat - Yellow Bullhead AKA (Polly Wog) and 6-12 inch long choupique my favorite. There are a few others that work really well I won't post on here right now.

That was one morning running a few limb lines we put out the night before just to get something fresh to eat and send home to all the older neighbors who can't get out much anymore. We bring them cleaned Squirrels, Rabbits, Wild hog, Deer and fresh fish every day we bring them something while we are camping out. Someone runs in and drops off the good stuff to the elderly around us and they love it! They get as excited as we do about our camping trip every year. Their freezers get filled up for the year with all the goodies from the swamp.

We also pick them up in the evening and bring them out to the camp area for several hours to eat the Big Evening meal with us and visit around the fire a while once or twice then bring them back home and then we come back after dark to the camp. They enjoy that.

·
Registered
4,151 Posts
Yea l really like the Belly ---(Pack Man) fried.

I also make a big Cajun Catfish Court bouillon too served over hot fluffy Louisiana Rice.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Notice them limb lines in the bucket. We all have a bucket of them in our boats.

Look close.

Different diameter home made lead weights for different current strengths in different kinds of water, locations in the river.

The weight will hold the live bait down and and keep it exactly in the pocket-target zone and one inch off the bottom.

My favorite baits is 1lb.plus live......Goggle Eye, Jumbo Shell Crackers, racoon Perch, Stump Perch, Jumbo Bluegill, Large Red Bellies, 1lb. to 1.5 lb. live Mudcat - Yellow Bullhead AKA (Polly Wog) and 6-12 inch long choupique my favorite. There are a few others that work really well I won't post on here right now.

That was one morning running a few limb lines we put out the night before just to get something fresh to eat and send home to all the older neighbors who can't get out much anymore. We bring them cleaned Squirrels, Rabbits, Wild hog, Deer and fresh fish every day we bring them something while we are camping out. Someone runs in and drops off the good stuff to the elderly around us and they love it! They get as excited as we do about our camping trip every year. Their freezers get filled up for the year with all the goodies from the swamp.

We also pick them up in the evening and bring them out to the camp area for several hours to eat the Big Evening meal with us and visit around the fire a while once or twice then bring them back home and then we come back after dark to the camp. They enjoy that.
Mitch- and you say you have no friends! What a nice gesture providing the game you and your friends catch and give to the older generation. I applaud what you do on the hunts for the them. JMHO

1 - 12 of 12 Posts