Rabbit Dogs.net > Beagle Talk > Breeding, Bloodlines, and Pedigrees > Bluetick & Redtick Beagles


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2010, 03:14 PM   #1
REBEL
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gaylesville Alabama 35973
Posts: 325
Default Bluetick & Redtick Beagles

Who has them and in your opinion..who has the best when it comes right down to real nuff rabbit hounds..I have them but always looking for better and i appreciate your knowledge and picking your brain,so step forward and educate me..TY



__________________
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 03:58 PM   #2
plumber
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: arkansas
Posts: 2,048
Default

I had some out of Rebels Last Chance. Some of the best looking hounds I have seen, but that was about it. Got rid of em all. I love a good lookin redtick. Didnt stay with them long enough to try different bloodlines.



__________________
plumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
salzer mtn
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: TN.
Posts: 2,074
Default

I've always liked bluetick beagles. I had some in the 70's they were grade dogs. Then i got into raising chow chows for a while in the early 80's, sold all my beagles but got back into them in late 80's. I owned some redtick akc beagles in the early 90's They were bred by Ricky Bell, they were linebred Gunsmoke going back to Hanks Jo Jo Blue. I've also owned some 11 to 13 inch akc spo bluetick beagles that were out of RNR Joe Blue. Right now i have a Male and Female akc Bluetick beagles that are out of Oakhill Kennels and recently i bought a bluetick female that is linebred Gunsmoke with Hank's Jo Jo Blue in the fifth generation several times. When a person say's they have the best, that person might have the best in what they like in a beagle but to someone else that is looking for something different in a hound, then to them you wouldn't have the best. Everyone is not the same and different strokes for different folk's. I personaly like a 12 1/2 to 13 inch beagle not over 14 inches in size.

__________________
salzer mtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 07:08 PM   #4
rebelbeagle
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wv
Posts: 275
Default

I have AKC redtick male out of Whiteners Bommer II & Andrews Rocky Creek Daisy this is my first redtick he is eight months old and doing real good,i like what he is showing so far

__________________
rebelbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
blubeagle
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: upper east TN (Hancock Co)
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbeagle View Post
I have AKC redtick male out of Whiteners Bommer II & Andrews Rocky Creek Daisy this is my first redtick he is eight months old and doing real good,i like what he is showing so far
i have a 3 month old female out of WHITENERS BOOMER II....she is doing great for her age...she will sight chase...like a champ...LOL...and when she loses sight...put her nose down...and gets busy!!...she has opened on the line a few times!!...VERY happy with this one!!!!...did you get your pup from charles in KY????
__________________
blubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:04 PM   #6
REBEL
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gaylesville Alabama 35973
Posts: 325
Default

I created the bloodline WHITENER and can go back 25 plus years in a three generations pedigree.My hounds dominate over any present and past bloodlines when outcrossed and will show it in their actions and color,either bluetick or redtick, BoomerII was out of a litter born here and i still have his sister and several relatives here and keep the line pure by line breeding and inbreeding.Todate NO one has had any complaints about the hounds i created and all will make rabbit hounds,some better than others but all rabbit hounds..There is a group of young guy in Ohio and one in Tn that have my bloodline of hounds and one of the guys, Mike Russell, has coined the phrase BLue Crew which relates to my line of hounds and mine will come in either bluetick or redtick but NO other color and their ability as a rabbit hound is breed into their genetic make up and all that is need is the enviroment..Rebelbeagle if you would like to be part of the BlueCrew visit Beagle Nation here and sign up....http://*********.******.com/
Here is a link that give some pedigrees on my hounds,there is one mistake made which is WHITENER'S TURK..he is NOT the sire of WHITENER'S MAXWELL JR. other than him being in any of my pedigrees all else is correct.
http://www.beaglepedigree.com/cgi-bin/pp_search.pl?op=search&gens=5&field=Name&pattern=whitener&where=anywhere&orderby=name&db=pedigree&submit=Search+Now

__________________
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:17 PM   #7
rebelbeagle
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wv
Posts: 275
Default

Yes i got mine off of charles he is eight months old he is also my first male dog which we all know start later but he is doing good,he opens up while with other dogs but he tracks one by himself but wont bark till another dog joins in.

__________________
rebelbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:27 PM   #8
REBEL
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gaylesville Alabama 35973
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salzer mtn View Post
I've always liked bluetick beagles. I had some in the 70's they were grade dogs. Then i got into raising chow chows for a while in the early 80's, sold all my beagles but got back into them in late 80's. I owned some redtick akc beagles in the early 90's They were bred by Ricky Bell, they were linebred Gunsmoke going back to Hanks Jo Jo Blue. I've also owned some 11 to 13 inch akc spo bluetick beagles that were out of NR Joe Blue. Right now i have a Male and Female akc Bluetick beagles that are out of Oak hill Kennels and recently i bought a bluetick female that is linebred Gunsmoke with Hank's Jo Jo Blue in the fifth generation several times. When a person say's they have the best, that person might have the best in what they like in a beagle but to someone else that is looking for something different in a hound, then to them you wouldn't have the best. Everyone is not the same and different strokes for different folk's. I personaly like a 12 1/2 to 13 inch beagle not over 14 inches in size.
Speed is irrelevant when it comes to a real nuff rabbit hounds and you may have the best of the best but in any case why not run with Blubeagle in Tn.if you feel Hanks JoJo Blue..which i have personally seen with my own eyes and i have had two of Oakhill's hounds in my kennel and familiar with the Gunsmoke and RNR line and all that i personally saw were medium fast to slow,fact is Hanks JoJo Blue was breed to be a brace hound but was to fast for brace and made his name in Southern SPO known as the Deep South Federation.The majority of my hounds are 13" or less some do go over but only a small percentage, BoomerII just happened to be one of them. So sense you have a male from Oakhill...Blubeagle would enjoy running hounds with you and NOT to discriminate in any way..ONLY to see how the bloodlines differ in their performnces..hey..he may want some of what you have,no harm in finding out and just think of the bragging right earned?? What you think?? can i tell Blubeagle to call you or would you prefer to call him?? I have his number if you want it??
__________________
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:36 PM   #9
REBEL
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gaylesville Alabama 35973
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbeagle View Post
Yes i got mine off of charles he is eight months old he is also my first male dog which we all know start later but he is doing good,he opens up while with other dogs but he tracks one by himself but wont bark till another dog joins in.
The male will not let you down.I start all mine with sanjuan rabbits in a starting pen and most,males and females, start at around 3 months old.If there was a starting or running pen near you it would improve the male fast and he would start barking on a hot track with or without another hound. Bring him to me and i will get him in top shape at no cost..
__________________
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #10
blubeagle
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: upper east TN (Hancock Co)
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelbeagle View Post
Yes i got mine off of charles he is eight months old he is also my first male dog which we all know start later but he is doing good,he opens up while with other dogs but he tracks one by himself but wont bark till another dog joins in.
sound like he will be a good one!!...i just got a male bluetick a couple weeks ago!!...100% WHITENER!!!!...he is 11 months old and will flat burn a rabbit up!!!...you can watch him on video...go to video section and look at video 4-3-10...you can see both of the before mentioned pups!!...by the way...where you from??
__________________
blubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:45 PM   #11
blubeagle
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: upper east TN (Hancock Co)
Posts: 563
Default

i am hoping to take a female up to boomer to be bred when she comes in heat!!

__________________
blubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:53 PM   #12
REBEL
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gaylesville Alabama 35973
Posts: 325
Default

Below is BoomerII's sire and his sister and Dam..which is bluetick,neither one is over 13".
Boomers Sire:

Boomers Dam.

Boomers Sister:
__________________
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 10:52 PM   #13
salzer mtn
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: TN.
Posts: 2,074
Default

Watched Bluebeagles four dogs run on BeagleNation board. I think he said they all were around a year old. From what i saw the two tri-colors were better rabbit dogs than the other two at this stage. Some dogs take longer to mature than other ones. From what i could see they were med to upper med speed. The Oakhill female i have is a fast dog. I bought her from a man that run's fast dogs, matter of fact the guy i got her from said she had caught a rabbit. The Oakhill male, i got started and brought him along with slower dogs till he matured and now i have began to run him some with faster dogs and he is handling it pretty well but he's still not as fast as the Oakhill female but she has turned three this month and the male won't be two till July. As far as running with bluebeagle, if i ran the Oakhill female with his 4 pups they would have to slow down and run their own rabbit or go faster and run her. Bluebeagle you can ruin young dogs by running them with older faster dogs to much. As far as speed goes on any beagle i like a speed of six. Rebel, Old Hank was a med speed dog but most of his pups he threw were faster than med speed. The gunsmoke redticks i owned were fast dogs. I have even owned some RNR Joe Blue dogs that ran a six on speed. As far as bragging rights or trying to prove anything that's just is not my style, The comment i made to bluebeagle on another board was just a joke and i thing he realized it was. The truth is i didn't even know at the time he had bought anything from you. You have sent me several pm's and directed post toward me on this board and also on another one wanting me to run with bluebeagle. I think i hurt your pride with the joke to bluebeagle on another board but like i said i didn't know he had bought something from you.

__________________
salzer mtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
REBEL
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gaylesville Alabama 35973
Posts: 325
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by salzer mtn View Post
Watched Bluebeagles four dogs run on BeagleNation board. I think he said they all were around a year old. From what i saw the two tri-colors were better rabbit dogs than the other two at this stage. Some dogs take longer to mature than other ones. From what i could see they were med to upper med speed. The Oakhill female i have is a fast dog. I bought her from a man that run's fast dogs, matter of fact the guy i got her from said she had caught a rabbit. The Oakhill male, i got started and brought him along with slower dogs till he matured and now i have began to run him some with faster dogs and he is handling it pretty well but he's still not as fast as the Oakhill female but she has turned three this month and the male won't be two till July. As far as running with bluebeagle, if i ran the Oakhill female with his 4 pups they would have to slow down and run their own rabbit or go faster and run her. Bluebeagle you can ruin young dogs by running them with older faster dogs to much. As far as speed goes on any beagle i like a speed of six. Rebel, Old Hank was a med speed dog but most of his pups he threw were faster than med speed. The gunsmoke redticks i owned were fast dogs. I have even owned some RNR Joe Blue dogs that ran a six on speed. As far as bragging rights or trying to prove anything that's just is not my style, The comment i made to bluebeagle on another board was just a joke and i thing he realized it was. The truth is i didn't even know at the time he had bought anything from you. You have sent me several pm's and directed post toward me on this board and also on another one wanting me to run with bluebeagle. I think i hurt your pride with the joke to bluebeagle on another board but like i said i didn't know he had bought something from you.
Once again i shall say speed is irrelevant to a first class rabbit dog and is in the eye of the beholder, and blubeagle did not take what you said as a joke and the video he has on here and beagle nation and other boards are one and the same and he has three young hounds around a year old and one 3 month old pup which was in the last video he made..NONE..did he purchase from,me even tho he has some of my line of hounds and the bluetick male is 100% my line, but if you think your Oakhill hounds can put it on blubeagles hounds he wants to witness it and may consider buying some of her hounds or that bloodline..he is always looking to improve his hounds, and as for pride, i am not hurt nor does it concerns me personally,but i to would enjoy seeing you two run hounds and if Oakhill hounds can put it on blubeagle i may even want to consider obtaining some of her bloodline,but they are going to have to be more of a rabbit hound than the ones i have had in my kennel.Daniel Hill brought me two hounds he got directly off Oakhill(Sally), one was tri color and the other was the typical bluetick and i never got either one to start and finally Daniel Hill and i meet and he took the two and finally sold them.Now it may be that sense than her hounds has improved?? so why not contact blubeagle and run with him or at least give him a phone call or leave your number so he can call you and you two run some hounds for fun,no harm in that..is there??
__________________
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:10 AM   #15
beagleman01
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: greenbrier ar
Posts: 2,342
Default

very nice looking hounds

__________________
beagleman01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:36 AM   #16
salzer mtn
Super Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: TN.
Posts: 2,074
Default

My two Oakhill Beagles

__________________
salzer mtn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:39 AM   #17
Rob`s Blackcreek
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Alexander, Ar
Posts: 3,501
Default

good looken hounds guys , i`ve always like ticked hounds

__________________
Rob`s Blackcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 11:00 AM   #18
rebelbeagle
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: wv
Posts: 275
Default

Hey blubeagle iam from bville wv my redtick is a blast to take i dont know who has more fun me or him, I will try to post a video of him this eve.

__________________
rebelbeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #19
REBEL
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gaylesville Alabama 35973
Posts: 325
Default

blubeagle has had a problem getting online but i am sure he will be on later this evening and respond to various post.He lives in North East Tn and he loves the music beagles make and always looking to improve and run hounds with anyone with what ever hounds,be it grade, registered etc. without discrimination to either hound or person and what better way to gain knowledge than by enjoying the chase with others and their hounds and what better way to improve upon what you are kenneling.

__________________
REBEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #20
blubeagle
Super Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: upper east TN (Hancock Co)
Posts: 563
Default

i just thought i would put on a couple pics of what i got!!!...this is WhitenersHaase Blue Buddy




__________________
blubeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Newest Threads